Click Project Title to learn more at the Army of Women site.
Who is conducting the study?
Carlos Blanco, MD, PhD, New York State Psychiatric Institute/Columbia University
Description from the Army of Women site
The purpose of this study is to see which type of talk therapy is the most effective treatment for depression in women and men who have had a breast cancer diagnosis. It is open to women and men who were diagnosed with stage I-IV breast cancer more than six months ago.
You can join the Interpersonal Therapy for Depression in Breast Cancer Study if you match ALL of these MAIN categories:
- You are a woman or man, 18 years of age or older
- You have been diagnosed with Stage I, II, III, or IV breast cancer
- You were diagnosed with breast cancer more than 6 months ago
- You are able to speak English OR Spanish
- You have been feeling down, sad, or depressed
- You do not have a history of psychosis or bipolar disorder
- You live near or are willing to travel (at your own expense) to the New York State Psychiatric Institute in New York, NY
Whether you have breast cancer or not, be sure to share by tweeting or e-mailing this post with other women. The Internet helps us easily share messages with others, so please take advantage of this great medium.
5 6 7 8
© 2004–2012 Donna Peach. All rights reserved.