Click Project Title to learn more at the Army of Women site.
Who is conducting the study?
David Spiegel, MD, and Oxana Palesh, PhD, MPH, Stanford University School of Medicine
Description from the Army of Women site
The purpose of this study is to learn whether acupuncture can reduce sleep disruption and improve sleep in breast cancer survivors. The study will enroll 64 female breast cancer survivors who have difficulty falling or staying asleep.
You can join the Acupuncture for Sleep Problems study if you match ALL of these MAIN categories:
- You are a woman age 21 or older
- You have been diagnosed with breast cancer of any stage (including DCIS and metastatic disease) at some point in your life. It is OK if it is a recurrence.
- You are not currently undergoing breast cancer treatment (hormonal treatment is OK) OR treatment for another cancer type
- You have been experiencing sleep problems (difficulty falling or staying asleep) for at least one month
- You are NOT currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have NOT had acupuncture within the past 6 months
- You are willing and able to stop receiving other treatments for sleep problems during the study period
- You are able to speak, read, and write English
- You live near or are willing to travel (at your own expense) to the Palo Alto, CA area.
Whether you have breast cancer or not, be sure to share with other women by tweeting or e-mailing this post. The Internet helps us easily share messages with others, so please take advantage of this great medium.
5 6 7 8
© 2004–2012 Donna Peach. All rights reserved.