Click Project Title to learn more at the Army of Women site.
Who is conducting the study?
Karine Chung, MD, University of Southern California
Description from the Army of Women site
The purpose of this study is to gain a better understanding of the effects of Depo Provera, which contains a high dose of a synthetic progestin, on the breast tissue.
You can join the Effects of Depo Provera on Breast Tissue Study if you match ALL of these MAIN categories:
- You are currently receiving or are starting intra-muscular injections of Depo Provera
- You are a woman between the ages of 18 and 39
- You are pre-menopausal
- You have NO history of ANY cancer, including breast cancer and DCIS. Cancer of the skin is OK (squamous or basal cell carcinoma)
- You have NO history of breast abnormalities and have never had a breast biopsy
- You are NOT pregnant and have NOT been pregnant within the last six months
- You do NOT intend to get pregnant in the next several months
- You have NOT been breastfeeding or lactating within the last six months
- You are willing and able to refrain from taking aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, like ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, and Aleve during the study (because of their blood-thinning quality)
- You live near or are willing to travel (at your own expense) to the USC Health Sciences Campus Medical Center in Los Angeles
Whether you have breast cancer or not, be sure to share with other women by tweeting or e-mailing this post. The Internet helps us easily share messages with others, so please take advantage of this great medium.
5 6 7 8
© 2004–2012 Donna Peach. All rights reserved.